Technology Audit (TA) enables organization leaders understand the present IT utilization levels. The Audit process typically begins by understanding the vision, mission and the business goals of the customer. A high level mapping of the current IT deployment in relation to the business objectives is carried out, and possible gaps between the business objectives and IT deployment is observed and noted.
The deep dive audit involves detailed study of the IT infrastructure deployed – hardware, software, connectivity, power, security, MIS, and usability by end users. Other areas of study include identifying process coverage, data integrity, productivity improvements, reporting frequency and adequacy, training adequacy, and system availability.The Audits can also be sub-divided as Security Audit, Server Audit, Network Audit, Computer Audit, Internet Audit, LAN Audit, IT Infrastructure Audit, Backup Audit, Desktop Audit & IT Asset Audit.
The focal points of the IT audit are:
- Business functionality
- Ease of Use
- The capstone of Technology Audit is the Audit Findings Report which includes gap analysis, recommendations pertaining to technology upgrade / downgrade, training requirements and plan of action. Technology Audit recommendation sets the direction for organizations to optimize Return of Investment on IT.
Vulnerability Assessment (VA)
- Vulnerability Assessment tests are a series of tests performed on a system to identify the vulnerability of the system. This is a Security Assessment conducted to understand the vulnerabilities and by this process the vulnerabilities are identified and exposed to the security experts who in turn are able to quantify and prioritize such vulnerabilities.
- Basically a vulnerability of a system refers to the inability of the system to withstand a hostile threat to its environment and the effects that may be caused by this hostile attack.
- Vulnerability assessment has many things in common with risk assessment. Assessments are typically performed according to the following steps:
- Cataloging assets and capabilities (resources) in a system.
- Assigning quantifiable value (or at least rank order) and importance to those resources
- Identifying the vulnerabilities or potential threats to each resource
- Mitigating or eliminating the most serious vulnerabilities for the most valuable resources
You know business, we know Technology! So why not to gather together at “KATTA“, an association to achieve great milestones together. Today, the solution to everything is Technology! With Internet at fingertips and Seamless Technology Expertise, OnlineKatta can help your business reach places for GROWTH!